Contact Us

UK mortgages and buy to let mortgages for Hong Kong residents

Buying a house in the UK when you live in Hong Kong?

If you live in Hong Kong and would like a UK mortgage to buy property in the UK, most likely for a UK buy to let property, we can help.

We can offer mortgages to Hong Kong residents for new homes or buy to let flats and houses, whether you hold a full UK passport, a BNO passport or a local Hong Kong resident’s identity card.

UK Buy to let mortgages are simple to arrange for Hong Kong residents, so here are some quick tips that will help guide you.

  • You will need a deposit of at least 25% of the purchase price. Lower mortgage rates are available, if you have a 35% or higher deposit.
  • Be careful when you choose the property type – we can finance new build houses and flats, but existing traditional houses may be easier, such as a terraced or semi-detached house. It is often a good idea to check a building can be mortgaged, before making an offer
  • You will need to know the potential monthly rental income from your UK buy to let – this can be found online through one of the property portals such as Rightmove or Zoopla or Onthemarket – just look for a similar property under the rental section of the site
  • You usually need to be salaried to apply for a mortgage or have a pension income. If you are self-employed, you will need at least three years of accounts.
  • Some lenders state a minimum buy to let mortgage amount for buyers from Hong Kong of £100,000. We can offer mortgages below this amount, but interest rates tend to be slightly higher

To apply for a UK mortgage if you live in Hong Kong, click below…


Share this content with friends...