Do I qualify for expat or international mortgages?
Find out if you qualify for an expat or international mortgage
If you are one of the four million plus UK nationals who have lived abroad for more than year, there is a good chance you will have found out how hard it is to qualify for UK expat or international mortgages for buy to let houses in the UK, or international mortgages to buy a holiday or second home in France, Spain, Portugal or Italy.
For the British expat looking at UK property as an investment, perhaps as a pension, if you are not currently living in the UK and receiving a sterling salary into your UK current account, the vast majority of UK mortgage lenders cannot help you, as expats abroad will fail their rigid credit scoring systems.
These systems have become even less flexible with the introduction of new UK mortgage regulations which now force lenders to look in detail at an applicant’s financial profile too.
The answer, though, is to seek out a UK specialist expat mortgage broker. Offshoreonline.org has been looking after international and expat mortgages for over 25 years, so we know which banks can and cannot help. Our “no offer, no fee” promise means too that you will know whether an application is going to be successful before you have to spend any money on an expat mortgage advice fees.
If you can answer “yes” to the simple questions below, there is very good chance we can find you a competitive expat international mortgage:
- Are you salaried, receiving a pension or self-employed with up to their years of audited report and accounts?
- Can you contribute a deposit of at least 25% of the property purchase price?
- Do you have valid passport? (it does not need to be a UK passport)
- Do you have a good credit history?
- Can you provide salary slips or a contract to show earnings over the last three months?
- Can you provide three months of bank account history showing your accounts to be in credit?
Contact us today with as much information as you can about your new property project and we will tell you if we can help.